Drive Logistics Green Initiatives
At Drive we've always believed that businesses can - and should - have a positive impact on the communities in which we work, live and play. The Drive team believes that one of the ways to have a positive impact on our community and to meet our "Commitment to Excellence" is through environmental stewardship and doing things that are good for the planet and encouraging others to do the same.
A few environmental initiatives that Drive has undertaken include:
- New Fleet - our goal is to convert 50% of the fleet to the new lower emission vehicles. Currently 10 new 2012 tractors have been ordered for our fleet.
- Energy Efficient Lighting - All warehouse lights have been upgraded to T-5 energy efficient fixtures as part of the Electricity Retrofit Incentive Program.
- Recycle - a robust recycling program has been initiated by the Drive team which includes
- Used oil
- Steel/aluminum parts
- Paper products
- Used oil
- Speed Governors - All vehicles are equipped with speed governors to reduce speed to 60 mph saving fuel and emissions
- No Truck Idling - Drive has implemented a no truck idling policy. Truck tracking software allows Drive to monitor the idling of its vehicles to ensure compliance to the policy
- Automatic Transmissions - 90% of tractors are automatic transmissions reducing fuel consumption and emissions
- Trailer Skirt Program - 30% of trailers to be completed by 2012
- Bunk Heaters - 100% of sleeper units have bunk heaters