Drive Logistics Community Support
The Drive team is passionate about the community they live, work and play in and is articulated in Drive's Guiding Value of Financial Responsibility: "Profit is not only a measure of our performance, but also a way to share our success with team members and give back the community". The company's commitment is evident in its collaboration with youth & adult athletics, charities, and other innovative community initiatives.
Drive provides the resources, time and talent to facilitate the activities, committees, and projects that are undertaken, offer financial matching to employee fundraising efforts, and listens to the ideas generated by the team. The spirit of community giving and the ongoing charitable activities are marketed through meetings, newsletters, and other communication paths.
View our current campaign below, or click here to view our other major campaigns.
Join us on our current campaign!
To provide Windsor boxer Mary Spencer with the funding she requires to become the first female boxer to win Olympic Gold, with a target of $100,000 per year until the 2012 Olympic Games in London, England.
Mary bringing the Gold home to Windsor benefits our community on several levels:
- Positions Windsor and all of Canada in a positive light on a worldwide stage
- Enhances the spirit of pride we have in our city and country
- Provides a role model especially for youth, women and aboriginals proving dreams can be achieved right here in our own backyard
If you wish to make a financial contribution to the campaign, visit Mary's website www.spencerboxing.com or click the donate button below.
Mary's Olympic training headquarters is the Windsor Amateur Boxing Club. While she trains, she'll be competing against countries with enormous Olympic budgets. Consider England, where female boxers receive funding of $5.6 million toward their training budgets.
In Canada, we don't provide our athletes with anything near that amount of money. The federal government provides Mary with $65,000 through its "Own the Podium" fund—money for which Mary is tremendously grateful, but clearly minuscule in comparison to what's provided to her competition. Plus, tight restrictions exist on the sort of expenditures Mary is allowed to make with her Own the Podium funding. For example, most of Mary's equipment, support staff and travel expenses are not eligible for Own the Podium funding.
Your generous support will be used to fund the following training expenses:
- As three-time World Champion, Mary already is at the top of her sport. To stay there, she must spar against some of the world's best fighters.
- Own the Podium does not compensate athletes for airfare or other travel expenses required to fly sparring partners to Windsor. Nor does it provide compensation for the travel expenses required to fly Mary to training camps in other countries.
- Finding and hiring sparring partners is one of Mary's largest training challenges.
Travel to and from national and international competitions
- Own the Podium does not fund domestic travel and places tight restrictions on international travel. Competing in both national and international competitions is crucial to preparing for the Olympic Games.
Purchase of Equipment for Mary and the Windsor Amateur Boxing Club
- New bags - high tech
- Hand wraps, head gear and other safety equipment
WABC fixed costs
- Massage Therapist
- Sports Psychologist
Mary has the talent and the drive. Now let's even the playing field and provide Mary with the support she needs to bring home the Gold!